Direct-vent appliances draw combustion air from the outdoors and exhaust its combustion products to the outdoors, eliminating the need for a standard chimney system. A glass panel in direct-vent units is critical to keeping the combustion system sealed from the home, maintaining high efficiency and indoor air quality. Direct-vent piping can go out the wall directly in back of the unit or terminate vertically above the roof. Various models differ.
- Framing – Zero clearance to combustible framing.
- Heated Air – Forced convection heated room air.
- Radiant Heat
- Burner – Advanced burner technology produces the most realistic flames in the industry.
- Heat Exchanger – Cool room air is naturally drawn into the heat exchange chamber.
- Flue Gas Outlet
- Combustion Air Inlet
- Heat Exchange – Efficient heat exchange system.
- Optional Rear Exhaust – (selected models)
- Sealed Combustion Chamber
- Glass – High heat ceramic or tempered glass increases the radiant heat that is dispersed throughout the room. Save up to 30% on energy costs with radiant heat and zone heating.
- Panels – Porcelain Reflective Radiant Panels further increases radiant heat. (Optional on selected models)
- Advanced Ceramic – Burner System (selected models)
- Blower – Optional air circulating variable speed blower with high temperature bearings increases efficient heating.